In this workshop, you will see familiar concepts through an entirely different lens. When you focus your conversation primarily on the deeper meaning of the principles of Focus on Process, Assure Quality at the Source, Flow and Pull Value, Embrace Scientific Thinking and Seek Perfection and not on the tools that spring from them, you will come to understand why most of us have had so much trouble sustaining our improvement efforts.
In the IMPROVE workshop you will experience why these five key principles continue to be the foundation for successive rounds of business improvement programs, albeit with slightly different names. You will, however, learn how to shift the emphasis from the program and tool orientation to finally building the principles deep into the mindset and behavioral patterns of all of your leaders, managers and associates. In the workshop you will:
- Learn what the foundational truths are that make these principles Universal and Timeless,
- Gain a deeper understanding of the specific ideal behaviors for leaders, managers and associates that flow from these five principles,
- Explore the key systems in an organization that must be aligned with these principles to drive ideal behaviors into the culture,
- Identify leading and lagging indicators to provide insight as to whether or not progress is being made, and
- Experience observing in the real world the degree to which these principles are driving ideal behaviors into the workplace and begin to plan for what adjustments are most appropriate.